Monday, January 14, 2013

Caramel Corn Pops

My kids go crazy for this stuff and I must admit once I get munching I can't stop myself. It's an easy treat and great for parties or a movie night.


Caramel Corn Pops

8oz bag of corn pops

Caramel Coating ( mix in 2qt. sauce pan)
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix together in sauce pan, butter, corn syrup and sugar.  Cook for 2 min. or until bubbly around the edges. Add 1 tsp. baking soda, this will foam. ( allows for proper coating of pops)

Pour caramel slurry over corn pops and stir until evenly coated.  Place in 250 degree oven for 45 min, stirring every 10 min to evenly coat.

Remove from oven and pour onto parchment or waxed paper to cool.

Enjoy !

(this recipe is from the back of the Clover Club Corn Pops bag)



No comments:

Post a Comment